What could be cuter and ‘nummier than a single serving brownie in a mug? Especially one that’s dense, chocolaty, and fudgy (and did I mention easy)? Trust me, this personalized brownie will whip up fast and satisfy any sweet tooth!
Let’s get started! The first step is to put chocolate chips and a slab of butt’ah in a mug.
Nuke that baby until it’s melted and luscious. (Cute mini whisk is optional, but sooo mandatory.)
Dump in flour, sugar, and egg. I love how chocolate and cinnamon pair together perfectly, so I added a dash of my favorite spice.
Now’s the time to customize your personal brownie! If you like chocolate chips in your brownie, add chocolate chips. If you like walnuts, add walnuts. If you like potatoes, heck, add potatoes (no, seriously, don’t add potatoes).
Pop it into the magic box for 1 minute and then (here is the really sad but MANDATORY step) wait for 30 minutes. You’re probably thinking No way girl, that ain’t happening. Oh yes it will. Letting your brownie sit on the counter for 30 minutes is crucial for a fudgy, dense, chocolately brownie. If you don’t wait, don’t hate, cause your brownie won’t be good. But once time is up, you can dig into your homemade brownie!
Or you can bring your brownie to a whole new level by adding caramel sauce, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, and anything else you have lying around the kitchen. Yum!
Ultimate Fudgy Chocolate Microwave Mug Brownie Recipe
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour/white whole wheat flour/whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Cinnamon (optional)
- 2 Tbsp whisked egg (~1/2 of 1 extra-large egg)
- Add-ins – chocolate chips, nuts (optional)
- Toppings – chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, sprinkles
- Place butter and chocolate chips in an oversized microwave-safe mug. Microwave for ~40 seconds and mix with a small whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add flour, sugar, cinnamon (optional), and egg and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Gently stir in your add-ins (optional).
- Cook in microwave for ~1 minute. Let brownie cool ~30 minutes to allow it to set and become fudgy. Then add toppings (optional) and eat immediately.