The title is no lie. Seriously, this is the best mug cake in the entire world. With one bite you will probably die and go straight to heaven. It is the chewiest, fudgiest, Nutella-iest brownie ever! You would not believe how easy it is to instantly gratify yourself after a long-days work with this delectable treat. I have made this recipe countless times and it is TO-DIE-FOR. If you aren’t a mug cake enthusiast, or have never had much success with mug cakes, you will be converted forever into a mug cake fanatic after you make this brownie. So make it! Go do it! I know you want to…
This recipe is so simple, anyone could make it. The first step is to add some whisked egg into your mug (that was easy).
Next add in Nutella, a lot of it. Yes, this recipe is a real calorie buster, but who cares? The Nutella is the base of the entire mug cake, so don’t be skimpy… Also make sure to use a lot of elbow grease in order to make sure there are no streaks of egg floating about in the Nutella. The Nutella and egg must become one (otherwise your brownie will have scrambled eggs in it; belch!).
Add in some flour and stir up it up. Ta-da! Your batter is completed (see how easy that was?).
Just pop that Nutella-ey goodness into the magical microwave, and out comes a beautiful brownie! But don’t eat it yet, because 1) you’ll burn your mouth 2) it will taste eggy 3) it won’t be fudgy. So…guess what? You have to wait. But don’t worry – you only have to wait 15 minutes. I know you can do it. I believe in you. You can wait those 15 minutes. Life will be okay. And you know what? Life will be better than okay because after those 15 minutes (which I assure you go by quickly), you can eat the best brownie you have ever tried in your life. I’m talking about better than baked brownies as well, not just microwave brownies. So dig in! Yum!
World’s Best 3-Ingredient Nutella Microwave Mug Brownie
- 2 Tbsp whisked egg (~1/2 of 1 extra-large egg)
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp Nutella
- Cinnamon/pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour/whole wheat pastry flour/white whole wheat flour
- Combine egg and Nutella in an oversized microwave-safe mug. Mix with a small whisk until completely incorporated and no streaks of egg remains.
- Add in spice (optional) and flour and whisk to completely combine. Batter will be quite thick.
- Cook in microwave for ~1 minute. Let brownie cool ~15 minutes to allow it to set and become chewy. Then eat immediately.