Ah, chocolate. One of the greatest inventions, alongside the wheel, the internet, and many others. Chocolate. This basic ingredient crucial for the creation of the chocolate chip cookie, molten lava cake, and of course, this microwave mug cake. But this Triple Chocolate Microwave Mug Cake, unlike the molten lava cake or chocolate soufflé, only takes three minutes to create. The results are heavenly: deep chocolate flavor, light and fluffy texture, and the perfect amount for one serving. So let’s get baking (or should I say, microwaving?)!
So first off, grab your favorite mug and add some chocolate and milk.
Pop it into the magical box (otherwise known as the microwave), and whisk until glossy and smooth.
Now just dump in all the rest of the ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, oil, and chocolate chips (because there is no such thing as too much chocolate). Super fast and easy!
Whisk it all up and pop the mug full of luscious batter back into the microwave for a minute.
Ta-da! Your intensely chocolatey, fluffy, and salivating Triple Chocolate Microwave Mug Cake is ready for consumption (just make sure to wait a bit; no one likes burn their mouth). Yum!
Triple Chocolate Microwave Mug Cake
- 1/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp fat-free milk
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch-processed)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour/whole wheat pastry flour/white whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine 1/4 c. chocolate chips and milk in an oversized microwave-safe mug. Microwave for ~40 seconds. Mix w/ a small whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, and flour and whisk until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cook in microwave for ~1 minute. If cake is not done, heat an additional 15 seconds. Let cake cool a few minutes. Cake is best consumed while still warm of within a few hours of it being cooked.