Just yesterday I raided Trader Joe’s of all the pumpkin foods they have for pumpkin season! And the greatest thing ever created I finally found (I know, I’m pretty behind in the world’s advances). It was like it was slow motion. The wind blew in my hair, an angelic light made my face glow. It was just me and … Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter? Yes. Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter. For those of you who don’t know (but I’m pretty sure you do know), Trader Joe’s cookie butter is like heaven. It is sweet, creamy and just plain dreamy. But they outdid themselves. Trader Joe’s has sprinkled that pumpkin spice magic all over their already perfect cookie butter and made it perhaps one of the best things that will ever hit your tongue. If you have ever tried the Pumpkin Spice Oreos, this cookie butter tastes legit exactly like the filling. So go. Buy it. Now. And naturally, as soon as I laid my eyes on this Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter, the first thing that popped into my mind was “mug cake.” So here it is, Molten Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter Microwave Mug Cake.
Let’s get microwaving! First things first, dump everything in a mug and whisk it all up (make sure to reserve 1 Tbsp of Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter to create a molten center).
This batter will be quite thick as the Cookie Butter is, well, Cookie Butter. Plop the extra Cookie Butter in the center of the mug and slightly push it down.
Place the mug in the microwave and bam: your cake is done! Instant fall in a mug! Yum!
Molten Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter Microwave Mug Cake
- 1/4 c. + 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour/white whole-wheat flour/whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- In a large, microwave-safe mug, add 1/4 c. Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter, milk, flour, baking powder, sugar, and pumpkin spice. Mix with a small whisk until batter is smooth and no flour lumps remain. Because of the spread, this batter will be thick.
- Drop 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter in the center of the batter and push it down slightly.
- Cook in the microwave for about 1 minute – 1 minute 20 seconds, or until cake is cooked. Cake will initially rise while cooking and will deflate slightly once it is removed from the microwave. Let cake cool a few minutes before eating.