What could be more comforting than a warm, crispy-edged, fluffy-centered, chocolate-infused, giant chocolate chip cookie? Especially now that the weather has turned crisp and cool, there could be nothing better than a warm, sweet morsel of ultimate deliciousness to celebrate the holidays! This cookie takes no time to make and is foolproof. So preheat that oven, slip on your slippers, wrap yourself in a blanket, and get baking!
Once you make the dough (which is extremely easy, by the way), shape the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. It should resemble a hockey puck.
Bake it in your preheated oven for 15 minutes and TA-DA! A beautifully crisp, gooey, and chocolaty cookie just for you! Yum!
Giant Single-Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie
Adapted from Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp light-brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp whisked egg (~1/4 of extra-large egg)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl and melt.
- To the melted butter, add brown sugar, salt, 1 Tbsp egg, vanilla, flour, and baking soda. Stir w/ a spoon until well combined, about 20-30 seconds.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into a 3-inch disk on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, until cookie is golden. You don’t want to over bake your cookie so it stays soft and doughy in the middle.
- Serve warm or allow to cool on a wire rack then store in an airtight container.