Sometimes you just need some chocolate. And sometimes you just need some cake. And you always need simplicity and effectiveness. And that is exactly what this 4-Ingredient Chocolate Microwave mug Cake is: a single-serving, easy-to-make cake packed with chocolate and cooked in the microwave. This cake only takes about two minutes to whip up, and is extremely light and fluffy! Because there is no added oil or butter, this cake is slightly healthier, but also slightly less moist. I would recommend topping this mug cake with frosting, ganache, or whipped cream to add back some richness.
Sorry I haven’t posted in so long. You know how life is and how busy it can be, but today I finally made some time to make a post! Yay!!! On another note… This summer I will be taking down this blog and be putting up a new blog (not a WordPress blog, a real one that I own!). So once I make the new website, stay tuned for the new blog name as well as the link to the new blog! (That’s something to look forward to!) And by the way, this cake is deliciously awesome. So, yum!
4-Ingredient Chocolate Microwave Mug Cake
Adapted from Kirby’s Cravings
- 1/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. milk (cow’s/rice/coconut), divided
- 3 Tbsp whole-wheat pastry flour/white whole-wheat flour/all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Combine chocolate chips and 3 Tbsp milk (reserving 1 Tbsp) in an oversized microwave safe mug. Microwave for ~40 sec. Mix w/ a small whisk or fork until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add flour and baking powered and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp milk and whisk.
- Cook in microwave for ~1 min. If cake is not done, that an additional 15 sec. Let cake cool a few min. Cake is best consumed while still warm.