So as you probably can tell, I love ice cream (who doesn’t?), and I love making ice cream flavors that aren’t available in stores. But what I don’t like, is working hours on a product when there is an easy shortcut. And here is that short-cut. No-machine ice cream is made with two ingredients (heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk) and any additional add-ins you want! So when contemplating what new flavors of ice cream I would make, I decided to revisit one of the best cookies that brings you back to your childhood: Circus Animal Cookies! You know, those pink and white animal shaped cookies coated with sprinkles? So if you take ice cream, which is awesome, and Circus Animal Cookies, which are also awesome, you basically get an awesome explosion!
Like my other no-churn, no-machine ice creams, start by making the base which is just dumping one carton of heavy whipping cream, whipping that up to medium peaks, then dumping in a can of sweetened condensed milk and some vanilla, and whipping the mixture back up to medium peaks. Get your anger out by smashing up four handfuls of Circus Animal Cookies with a rolling pin in a Ziplock bag and folding those into the mixture. Pour the base into a container and freeze! This flavor is especially popular with the kids (I mean, what kid wouldn’t love vanilla ice cream with chunks of Circus Animal Cookies dispersed throughout?), and really everyone loves it. Yum!
4-Ingredient No-Machine Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream
Makes 2 quarts
- 1 pint (2 c.) heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 handfuls Circus Animal Cookies, crushed into different sized-pieces
- Whip heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer until medium peaks.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract & whip until the mixture returns to medium peaks.
- Fold in Circus Animal Cookie pieces.
- Pour into two 1-quart containers & freeze overnight.