For a while, Nutella was the star. But Nutella’s time in the spotlight has been diminishing (although I’ll always love you the same, Nutella). We’ve all kown it was coming. Yes. I’m talking about Cookie Butter basically taking Nutella’s ever growing kingdom of fans and converting them to be on Cookie Butter’s side. Cookie Butter, you are evil. But anyway enough with some crazy story of mine, time to make ice cream for you! What could be a better combo than cookie butter and ice cream? I mean, you’ve got an ice cream that is packed with the speculoos cookie flavor, that warm, cinnamony, spicy cookie that everyone loves. And, this recipe only contains 5 ingredients and takes basically no time to whip up (it’s no-machine!).
This ice cream is like nothing you’ve ever tasted before. It is chock-full of cookie butter flavor (after all it does have cookie butter and speculoos cookies – which if you didn’t know, is the cookie that makes up cookie butter). Yum!
No-Machine Cookie Butter Ice Cream
Makes 2 quarts
- 1 pint (2 c.) heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. cookie butter
- 10 speculoos cookies, lightly crushed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted w/ whisk attachment (or large bowl w/ electric hand mixer fitted w/ whisk attachment), beat cream on med.-high speed for several minutes, just until medium peaks form.
- Once cream is ready, add sweetened condensed milk, cookie butter, & vanilla extract and continue beating until medium peaks form again.
- Fold in crushed cookies into ice cream base.
- Pour ice cream into 2 1-quart containers & freeze overnight.