So you may be wondering, What does she mean? “The Perfect Combo”? And I would confirm, Yes. The Perfect Combo. You see, strawberries and chocolate are a classic combination and insanely good together. I mean, chocolate covered strawberries are pretty hard to beat. But add that classic flavor combination to another perfect combo, cheesecake and brownies, and you get something out-of-this-world spectacular! So basically, these Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Cups are the ultimate mash-up of perfect combinations: strawberry/chocolate and cheesecake/brownie! (Really, wants not to love? I know you want to click the “read more” button below…)
I decided to try out this recipe because a friend of mine went strawberry picking. We both love baking, so we decided to make a dessert that highlighted those delicious ruby red strawberries. We also both love cheesecake, so what better than to blitz up some fresh strawberries in a food processor and add it to some cream cheese and powdered sugar! Depending on how strong of a strawberry flavor your strawberries have and how strong of a strawberry flavor you like, your cheesecake can have varying amounts of strawberry puree. However, if you add too much strawberry puree, you will find the cheesecake filling will be too runny. So, add a little bit more at a time, continually tasting to create the perfect cheesecake filling.
So for the brownie cups, don’t be freaked out if it doesn’t look like the center is sinking and that you’re going to end up with a flat brownie. While the brownie cools, I assure you that the middle will sink. So basically, be calm, everything will be okay. I mean, how could things not be okay when you have cheesecake, brownies, strawberries, and chocolate all in one miniature dessert?!?! Yum!
Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Cups
Adapted from Life Love and Sugar
Yield: 14-18 brownie cups
- 3/4 c. butter, room temp.
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/ 4 c. whole wheat pastry flour/white whole wheat flour/all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 12 oz regular/reduced-fat cream cheese, room temp
- 2-1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 5-6 Tbsp strawberry puree
- Coat cupcake pan w/ non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter & sugar together for 5-7 min., until light & fluffy.
- Add egg & vanilla, & beat until well combined.
- Add dry ingredient to wet ingredients, & mix until smooth. Dough will be thick.
- Make balls of ~2 Tbsp of dough. Press dough in bottom & ~1/3-1/2 way up sides of each cupcake cup, forming cup shape.
- Bake 10-12 min.
- Remove from oven & allow to cool ~5 min., then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling. The centers fall while cooling.
- Make cheesecake filling. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, strawberry puree until smooth.
- Pipe cheesecake filling into cooled cookie cups. Cookie cups should be refrigerated until served.